Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Day 51

So, back on Day 13 I posted an image of my friend. Here is a view of the strings, pin block and soundboard. I didn't have enough energy tonight to pull out the action, but I'll do that one day and let you see the internals of a Steinway.  OK, so it's a bit dusty -- that energy thing again -- but here is my friend. Check this page out to see the internals of a grand. I'll find the actual age, but I first saw it in 1972. Everything is still the original and believe me, she still sounds good.

And to boot, I'm sitting here listening to Billy Joel and Ray Charles singing "Baby Grand". Listen to it when you get a chance 'cause I can really relate to these lyrics.
 In my time
I've wandered everywhere
Around this world
She would always be there
Any day
Any hour
All it takes
Is the power in my hands
This baby grand's
Been good to me

No comments:

Post a Comment