Saturday, June 26, 2010

Day 118 - Partial Lunar Eclipse

I took this image at 5:48 CST this morning. You can clearly see the partial eclipse which is the earth's shadow.  I checked around midnight and it was a full moon last night. This was low on the western horizon this morning and I had to shoot between a tree just to the left of the moon and a neighbors roof line just to the right of the moon.You don't see them because they are too dark in this image. I also had to shoot from the middle of the street with my tripod. Gladly no one was out this morning...

Just for reference, this is my post back from March 28, 2010. I had more time to get the settings right back then. This is what the moon would have looked like in the above picture without the eclipse.


I'm thinking I need a good telescope with a T-mount to attach my Nikon D200. Yikes! This could become an even more expensive hobby. Angel has some contacts with the McDonald Observatory -- maybe we can get some time on one of those telescopes? They have amatures nights and more likely we can talk our cameras onto one of those telescopes.

-tom

No comments:

Post a Comment