Monday, July 26, 2010

Day 148

Off to lunch. The place we are eating is under the roof just past the red tables.

Here is our cook. She and her husband ran this spot.

Utensils, plates and sauces (chili paste).

I had the lamb Sate. I got a pepper stuck in my throat so I had a bit of a coughing fit getting a few chuckles from the locals.Adrian had the same thing happen a few days later when we ate Tom Yum soup at a Thai restaurant so I didn't feel too bad...

Walking back through one of the back alleys of the slum area.

It opened up a bit into this area and just around the corner...

...we ran into this group of kids playing.

Back at the office I caught this view of workers on a crane as it went by. I was on the 14th floor and these guys are a bit higher. Not where I'd want to be. I hope they have safety belts...

This was an area not far from the office building. 

Candle at dinner tonight at De Hool. That's pronounced De Hoy. Don't ask me why... Power was out for the first hour or so. I had my diet coke with candles. It was happy hour for guys in spectacles so my soda was free. They couldn't cook so we ordered pizza from an Italian place and they brought it over. Except I had to go with the help over to the Italian place to pay with my card. Our waitress, Sari, was a bundle of energy and full of smiles and very friendly.

Here's the Pizza.

And here I am posing with Sari. It was so funny because she was flirting with Phil the entire night. I don't think she ever quit smiling.

Adrian and Phil.

And here is Adrian, Sari, and friend. Adrian is always super cool when posing for pictures. This is his James Bond 007 look.






No comments:

Post a Comment