Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 44

So, after lunch today, Angel, Norman and I were talking about our project. Norman described this image as we walked by. So, not one to talk much, I captured the image with my BlackBerry.  The vanishing point reminds me of the endless hours spent here over the past 20 years and wondering if I've really made a difference and is there really an end in sight? I don't know the answer to either question. It's a hard thing to question the last 20 years of your life and wonder if that thing into which you've poured your heart, time, and energy is any better because of you. We all absolutely know that any large corporation will continue on even if you drop dead right now. Only a fool would really consider otherwise. And yes I know the world is full of fools and yes, I've been in that category from time to time. But, wouldn't it be nice to know that really, I mean really, you made a difference somehow, someway, sometime for someone. And as I think about it, do I have a responsibility to let someone else know of the difference they've made for me? I think it only fair to give as I wish to receive.

5 comments:

  1. I really like the way you visualized this. I did look at this but from the right side of the frame and passed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can rest in peace knowing you made a difference for me... one small example:

    My wedding pictures!

    For the rest of my life, my kids lives, and hopefully their kids lives they will have my beautiful wedding pictures to cherish.

    Tada!

    One life changed, so many more to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you didn't make a difference, you wouldn't see the smiles or hear the hellos when you walk into North Sea 1st floor. It's written all over our faces!

    ReplyDelete