Thursday, April 15, 2010

Day 46

First of all my apologies to my good friend Angel for using his likeness in my post tonight. But he was my partner in crime today and I wanted to show off the results of a new portrait lens I got today.This is his "you're not really gonna take my picture and post it are you" look  The lens gently used and I got it at a great price -- it's a Nikkor 85MM / 1.8D. I just "happened" to have my camera with my so I tried the lens out and took this image at the camera shop. This is a good example of setting the aperature to wide open at 1.8 (this is also called the F-stop).  I focused on Angel's eye and you'll see that it is in focus. The field of focus is very tight meaning that anything slightly out of the plane of the eyes (focal point) start to go out of focus.  The background is obviously out of focus, but that is a highly desired effect. But also notice the ears and even the tip of the nose is slightly out of focus. Thanks Angel for being my test subject tonight and I'm sure you'll repay me...and yes I think everyone should have an "Angel" for a friend.

Remember to visit Angel's Project 365 and leave lots of comments...

See you tomorrow. 

1 comment: