Sunday, August 1, 2010

Day 154 - The Dharmawangsa

Today is a day of rest and I just stayed at the hotel -- The Dharmawangsa. So I decided to just hang around and take images of the flowers and landscape.

Outside swimming pool at The Dharmawangsa.
What is really nice is all the shade trees around the swimming pool.

These trees are about 10 stories high.

 Some of the landscaping.


Daytime view of the tall towers next to the main section.

And now for some of the flora...
I saw several of these. There were several types of flowers that I have not seen before. Then of course this it the topics in Indonesia.

This one reminded me a bit of a jelly fish. 


I loved the fiery red and yellows of this one.


Variant of the one seen above.


I like the way these petals overlap like a propeller.


These petals remind me of pitchforks.


Interesting. Not sure what to make of this one.


This almost looks like a hat or maybe a brain cap.


Beautiful oranges. It was amazing how many different species there were and it was not obvious that there were that many. They were nicely spread out through the grounds.


I watched this bee for a while. It wold climb into these purple flowers and disappear entirely. 


Another view of some earlier flowers.  It almost looks like miniature bananas.


Not sure why this species of flower attracted the flying ants, but all of the ones like this had insects on them as you see here.


Everyone night two musicians played these instruments. The stringed instrument and the light colored flute like woodwind.


And for those of you who have never had this. This is passion fruit. Very sweet and delicious. But don't bite the seeds as they are bitter. Just put it in your mouth and enjoy ...


No comments:

Post a Comment