Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 157 - Olivia (again)

I declare a grandfather's prerogative to post more images of his beautiful grandchild.
My beautiful wife and granddaughter.


I can only imagine the wonderment of a new born. How can one put into words the exciting newness of everything around you. That time when the most simple things are amazing and without description. What would our lives be like today. Could I, at age 50, look at the world around me with a freshness and infant-like wonder? Would my attitude change? Would my appreciation for the simple things in life bring a single tear of joy that I am given a precious gift of one more day and can yet still perceive. Can I look beyond the hurt and anguish and see just the beauty? Is it possible to recapture that child like innocence. Yes, we all have our protective walls, but just occasionally, in a safe place or moment can we feel that joy and wonderment again. Perhaps that is the secret to the fountain of youth.
Just a thought.

The tender calm of resting in loving arms. 

There is quiet solace in Nature's beauty. Sometimes when I think to lift my eyes to the Heavens I am still awe struck. I thank my dear friends who still believe in me. Who have helped to soften my heart. I hope I can give something in return. These images are my way of letting you know how I see the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment