Friday, December 17, 2010

Day 292 Transformations

 The last time I saw this piano it was painted white. Yes, I said painted. Can you believe that? In the early 90's Collette and I would visit and I would play this wonderful instrument. That's was when I learned Elizabeth had a favorite song. She recently took the piano and had it renovated. They had to strip off the paint and look what beauty was underneath! Only the decal, felt, and finish are new. The strings are fine and she still plays beautifully. What a great message to all of us -- what great beauty we each have within. Just remove the old hardened finish that life deals us and remember your youthful exuberance. It's still there in all its wonder. And yes e, you are still beautiful. Oh, and that song? Yes, I got a chance to play it again.  I hope to have many more opportunities.

 This is George Eliot (yes, named after the author). What a beautiful Great Dane. He was the runt of the litter. I dare you to say that to him today. Another awesome transformation.  He is the best alarm system and guardian. He has the deepest growl and woof.  "Bark" just doesn't seem to fit. You could put a saddle on him and your feet wouldn't touch the ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment