Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 320 Braids

I really liked the lighting on this lamp pull cord. As I see this I'm reminded of my very first experience with needle and thread -- helping my sister do some embroidery. Butterflies as I remember and gold was among the colors. Good memories.

And for you guys, don't worry, there was plenty of football and baseball with the entire neighborhood. Did I mention that one of the neighbors used to pitch for the Astros -- way back when. Which reminds me. When I was eight our team went to an Astros game. One of my team members tried to catch a pop foul. He did -- right smack in the middle of his forehead. What a bump. The turkey got an autographed ball after the game. Got to see the 1968 All Star game in the Astrodome. 1-0 for the National League. The say-hey kid scored the only run in the first inning. Oh, that was Willie Mays. We see the home-run derby these days, but we saw one that day during batting practice. Harmon Killebrew couldn't keep it in the park. It was fun. Ever climbed to the top of the Astrodome? I have (inside that is). Story for another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment