Wednesday, March 2, 2011

My Images

I put "My" because, well they are mine -- at least I was privy to their capture. So maybe they are not really mine, but I am privileged to have been present at the moment my D200 with its 85MM lens captured them. Just some pleasing images to me tonight.  The first is not Heather. Some say Collette and Heather look similar and sometimes in photos are almost mistaken. Last night the images were taken with my 85MM F1.8 lens. For a bit then I'm going to only use my 85MM and see what the world looks like through it. No landscapes or wide angle shots. This is really a good portrait lens, hence tonight's first picture.



This lens is actually sharper than the normal 18-200 that I typically use for its versatility. I'll have to use the built in "sneaker zoom" as Angel described to me -- you use your sneakers to move about to provide the zoom.

Driving home I took this image. It's another suburban view of a sunset, but there is something about the silhouette of the power lines. I think it's a reminder of how much we've change the looks of our planet. It gets harder to find places that are not affected by mankind. Not passing judgment, but just noticing.  However, flying over several areas around the world makes me realize how much is still untouched.

I won't tell you that I'm glad the lane next to me was empty. Note to self, "Don't look through the lens and forget that I'm driving".



And last, as I arrived home I just wanted to take these images and see what they looked like.

I've taken images before of this gas lamp. It caught my eye again tonight. A few of the sunset colors still visible in the background.

And just a contrast of the buds coming out on the tree and still one stupid seed ball that hasn't fallen yet. If you've ever stepped barefoot on one of these you would say a bit more than stupid, so I think I'm being kind....

So new journeys?  Perhaps. I think I'll try this 85MM out a bit until I get tired of it. Don't know how often I'll post. So far I haven't stopped. Maybe I'm addicted to posting.   Guess I'm afraid if I stop I won't start again.

Until next time,

-tom

No comments:

Post a Comment