Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Day 37

My view this morning. That's a waning moon at the top of the image. There is something refreshing about a new dawn -- and even better when it's not raining. Although at times that can be welcome. This past Easter weekend I heard some words that really struck home. "Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal." You can find that somewhere in 1st Corinthians in the 13th chapter around verse 1. My hope and prayer is that the words I espouse are backed by real conviction, charity, action.  It's sometimes very easy to be all touchy feely in the moment, but when it comes down to it, down to real adversity, you know, where the rubber meets the road, will I be there. I've had some chances for that and I hope I've been there for those in need, in their time of need. And offer up my apologies when I've not.  Those who know me know that I'm far from long winded. But geez I sure hope I'm not a tinkling cymbal...

No comments:

Post a Comment