Sunday, March 14, 2010

Day 14


Tonight we visited my daughter and son-in-law. On the way home we stopped by this fountain. As I was taking some pictures this couple wandered into my frame. I didn't notice them until I saw them through the viewfinder and quickly took this image. I changed the white balance to as blue as I could and then pushed the saturation way up.  This image reminds me of being at a resort on a quiet evening taking a stroll with a loved one.

There have been times in my business travels that I've been alone in places like this. These moments can be very lonely filled with bouts of melancholy and this image reflects that feeling within me. And yet, I take these opportunities for introspection and in my reflections have discussions with my Creator. It is a great wonderful healing power to have a sense, a knowing that I am not alone, not really.

1 comment:

  1. you said this so well. I feel the same. Alone, but not. Regardless, the beauty is there for us to drink in, be astonished by, and just enjoy. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete