Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Day 17


I stopped by the Houston LDS temple today. They have a multitude of tulips on display. The temple is a big reminder of families. Speaking of; if you'll excuse me I have a call to make. Enjoy the tulips and I'll be back in a moment.

Hey sis...

Been a while, how you been?...

Not too bad, can't complain. Seems like just yesterday you were here....

Stayin' busy? ...

I'll bet, you're non-stop motion. Seems you help everyone, have a zillion friends...

Yeah, I know. You've been that way since we were kids. I was the big brother and you'd tag along. Know I teased you alot, but umm, well I've told you before I really love and respect you, the way you've raised  your kids.  You know,  have a good strong marriage. Active in the community. Wow this list goes on and on...

Look, I've always believed and supported you in your marriage. You two guys are great, ignore anyone else who tells you different. And just so you know, I always held back to make sure I didn't intrude. You guys have it going pretty good and that is the most important thing -- for you and your family. I'm a firm believer in that. And for all the ribbing you took, I do think you are smart...

Hey, I did pretty good  in school, but that's not the whole picture. Look at your accomplishments. That's impressive. Think that makes you pretty smart. Anyway, that's what I think. Really...

Me? I'm hangin' in there. Really no reason to complain, but you know I like to anyway...

The family is doing well. Two married now and I'll be a grandpa soon. Seems you beat me to it...

They miss you incredibly, but are doing OK. They have a good situation now.  Couldn't ask for better, you know with the way things happened. Anyway, just thinkin' about childhood memories. It's gets harder every year to remember clearly. pets, vacations, school, church, sports -- FUN football, marching teams, high school -- sports, friends, belles, state championships, seminary. There's volumes of stories in each of those...

Hey! Not too many stories now...

Yeah, I know you're busy and have a lot of work to do including watching over your kids...

Yes, they know you do. We all know you do...

Hope to see you soon, well not too soon, you know what I mean...

And I'll always treasure the last words you spoke to me and I return them to you:  

I love you...



I'm back. Did you like the colors?  Yellow? Sorry, can't quite see -- things are a bit blurry. Tell you what, I'll check in with you tomorrow. Camping trip for a few days so I may have to post the next three days pictures on Saturday night. Bending the rules a bit, but what the hey.

2 comments:

  1. "For, consider the lilies of the field, how they grow, they toil not, neither do they spin; and the kingdoms of the world, in all their glory, are not arrayed like one of these. " D&C 84:82

    It's a verse that has been set to music and is one of my favorite choral works not only because of it's message and beautiful musical setting, but because it was one of her favorites. I will forever look upon lilies and be reminded of her beauty, both inside and out, her unconditional love, and shining example.

    Today I will consider the Tulips...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sis, well said. Guess I haven't fully grieved yet. I so much want to celebrate her life. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete