Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 33

Northshore Park in the Woodlands this afternoon. Jenn wanted to study and asked if I'd like to tag along and take some images.  Twist my arm, yes!  These two images have a commonality, can you guess my mind? 


A sense of loneliness, battling life as best you can -- stoic, purposeful, and yet at times a pervasive loneliness. Perhaps a chance to strut your stuff -- need friends, companions for that. And we find them. Work, school, church or religious groups, neighbors, team mates, fellow parents as we live vicariously through our kids.




Sometimes we soar and are on top of the world.


At other times, just kinda hanging out trying to relax and be left alone.


And yet in the most unlikely places we still can show our own inner beauty and recognize that within others. I found these back behind the freeway in a spot where few would go and fewer would even see anything beautiful. I didn't notice these until I was very close.

2 comments:

  1. I like these! You always do such a great job! :D I love your writing too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pictures of the herons.

    ReplyDelete