Sunday, March 28, 2010

Day 28

Did you notice this heavenly visitor tonight? The sky is clear and the moon full. However bright, the real source of this light is our sun making our moon a cold lifeless body matching my morosity tonight.Sure, I can reflect others' light but unless I add my own internal light there seems to be this hollowness giving way to a morose emptiness. When I get feeling this way the words to an old familiar song kickstarts me and reminds me there really is much to be grateful for as these words call out to me,  "Count Your Many Blessings".  During Church services today I was struck by the reality of so many struggling to get through life. It struck me equally as hard that a simple thing act of a kind word or deed can sometimes make a world of difference in helping someone overcome their own moroseness, their own struggle within. Perhaps a bit of reflected light can help kindle a bit of warmth, a sense of hope that yes, tomorrow will arrive and it will be brighter than this night.

No comments:

Post a Comment