Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Day 359 - Fractured Images

Looking up through a vertical slit of a skylight I caught this image. Reminds me somehow of a fractured image. Seems fitting as sometimes I try to figure out all the pieces of my life. Some things seem to fit well and others...well let's say that one day I'll figure some of it out. Or perhaps I'll discover that some things that seemed important for some reason really don't matter after all. It's amazing looking back through the hazy filter of time. How many things have I forgotten? How many things that were imperative of an almost utmost criticality even now have no presence on my conscious or sub-conscious wanderings. Well, I'm not sure what I just said, but there is a feeling of things lost from a more innocent age. We all grow up (or so we're told) and yet what part of your youth can you retain keeping that vibrant essence that helps prevent a withering of your soul. You can read that last sentence as "grumpy old guy". Well, this project is winding down. This is the last week. The journey has been interesting and I hope some of the images I've presented were enjoyable at times, intriguing at others, and hopefully never boring.At times I've tried to take a mundane simple subject and present it from a different angle or perspective. It works at times and others it just seems to be another image where I pointed the camera and clicked.

No comments:

Post a Comment