Thursday, February 24, 2011

Day 361 - Burnt Orange

Interesting color tonight as sunset arrives. We stopped at the cleaners tonight and I tried to get this silhouette and the colorful sky. I only took two images today and this is the better of the two. In some ways I feel I'm sneaking into the finish line of this project. I've found the last few months that I've used my small point and shoot for something like 90% of the images. When I use my Nikon D200 I take images in raw format and run it through Photoshop. I think my energy levels are low and I've convinced my self this is the easier way. Or maybe I've issued myself a challenge to see what kind of images I can take with the small camera. And it is a challenge at time when the lighting is lees than perfect. I also find I minimize the use of flash -- I don't like the way it looks on this smaller camera. OK, for better pics of people it's better, but trying to get a quality image that I want the flash seems to be too strong. Maybe some soft of analogy to wanting to see things as they really are without artificial light. Or people without their false pretenses. At times I've blinded myself to others ill-intentions. Even today I struggle really believing someone didn't have my best interests at heart. Time and distance seems to make these times clearer. At times I with to go back and "make it right". But that means I give in and the other never recognizing or admitting anything untoward.  I think that is the innocence of youth giving way to the cynicism of adulthood.  How to keep some of the playful, youthful innocence and yet appear to be a mature adult? Not sure, but I think some become unfeeling, dulling their conscience. Those are they that scare me the most because the can do evil things. At the minimum they can hurt you and not care and even lie about it. Oh, you recognize some of this? That's called reality or the real world. (And I'm not talking reality TV.) I've seen enough. And no, it doesn't scratch the surface of many of your experiences of those we read of and see in the news. I think that without a belief in God or a Supreme Being, this life would be extremely difficult to bear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment